Lifelong learning (Colloquialism) is the “ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated” pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons. Therefore, it not only enhances social inclusion, active citizenship, and personal development, but also self-sustainability, rather than competitiveness and employability.[
Open Source Learning is an emerging education practice that allows students to capitalize on the scope and power of the Internet to create and manage their own learning experiences and produce interactive material that is available online to everyone.
This site is about you and your desire to learn, grow and achieve. It is also to share my passion for lifelong learning and hacking your own career-growth.
With every new resource and tool that is launched, this is the very best time to create your own learning path and pursue your goals with abandon.
You can expect:
- Thoughts about ways to learn and learning in general
- Resources for accessible and low cost or free learning
- Suggestions for how to demonstrate what you’ve learned in your professional environment
- Ideas for how to defy “conventional wisdom” on your career path to move toward what you want most.
- My current transitional journey, the good, the less good, and the completely abysmal.
- Humor, and possibly irreverence. I love to laugh even about serious things.